Does your conservatory feel too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter? Well, there is a way that you can avoid this happening and enjoy your conservatory all year round. The Guardian conservatory roof has a number of benefits and is one of the best ways to improve your outdated conservatory without having to take the whole thing down. Here are some of the benefits and processes of converting your conservatory roof.
Converting To A Guardian Conservatory Roof
Glass conservatory roofs can be fairly high maintenance, with the constant need to clean the glass and make sure that it doesn’t start looking outdated. Sometimes, your conservatory just needs a little upgrade to make it feel like a brand new investment on your home. One of the best ways to rejuvenate your conservatory is to have a luxurious Guardian roof fitted. If you have any doubts about converting to a Guardian roof, then this article will put your mind to rest.
What Is A Guardian Roof?
Most conservatories have a glass roof, which while it is perfect in the winter as it warms up the room, it can become a nightmare in the summer months. Unlike a glass roof, a Guardian roof is a solid roof that is specifically designed for conservatories and keeps your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. This makes it perfect for every season, allowing you to enjoy your conservatory rain or shine.
A Guardian roof is an aluminium frame where panels are placed over the top to avoid light heating up the room without eliminating it altogether. The ‘walls’ of your conservatory remain as glass panels, and this is how we achieve maximised comfort in your conservatory no matter what time of year it is. You can view a Guardian roof by taking a look at our work in Tattenhoe, Milton Keynes.
Benefits Of Guardian Roofs
There are a number of benefits for changing your conventional glass roof to a Guardian one. If you are looking to rejuvenate your neglected conservatory and make it look more appealing up against your home, then changing the roof can automatically transform your property. The exterior design of your home is just as important as interior design, as it sets the mood for your property. Here are just a few other benefits of Guardian roofs:
Cold & Warm
As discussed previously, one of the major benefits for opting for a guardian conservatory roof is that you can enjoy your conservatory throughout the year as you are able to regulate the temperature a little easier. This will help you save money in the future, as it can help to reduce your heating bills. Not only will this have a big impact as you are able to enjoy your big investment, but it also means that you can redesign and change the use of your conservatory. You could incorporate your kitchen or extend living space for the whole family to enjoy, the use of your conservatory is endless. You can find some room ideas and interior design inspiration through Ideal Home’s top 10 conservatory ideas.
Peace & Quiet
When you are sat in your conservatory, can you hear the rainfall onto the glass roof, even when it’s not that heavy? If the answer is yes, which it likely is, then it’s time to consider a Guardian roof on your conservatory. Having a Guardian roof will help to reduce noise within your conservatory, making it a more peaceful and pleasant location to sit and read a book after a hard day’s work. You may not realise it, but noise pollution can have a big impact on your health and wellbeing. It has been proven that noise pollution can affect your sleep, cause stress and productivity loss. You can have a quiet night sleep when opting to have your conservatory roof changing to a Guardian design.
When you decide to have a Guardian roof fitted onto your conservatory, you won’t be short in design and material choices. There are a range of styles that you can choose from, whether it be an Edwardian style or a Lean-To, we have the style for you. This also means that if you have moved into a house that already has a conservatory, but would like to modernise it, you can just change the roof to suit your style.
If you would like a dark grey or brown, there is a tile that can be used for your roof to create your desired look. Our professional experts will make sure that they are aware of all of your requirements and design your conservatory roof to look just how you wish. If you are looking for tiled roof conservatories in Bedford or the surrounding areas, then feel free to contact the team today for more information.
Maintenance & Installation
Keeping up with the maintenance of your conservatory roof is extremely important, and changing your roof when it begins to look old and needs a rejuvenation, can easily be accomplished through guardian roofs. Traditional glass roof conservatories require you to get up onto a ladder with all of your window cleaning equipment to try and get those stubborn marks off. However, with a Guardian roof, you no longer have to do this, and it can be made to look in keeping with your home.
Furthermore, a guardian roof is also well insulated, adding an extra layer of warmth in the winter months and further reducing your heating bills. If you are looking to improve your conservatories in Milton Keynes or wish to start planning your modern conservatories in Northampton, then a Guardian roof is something you should deeply consider incorporating into your design. Our range of accreditations also ensures you that your conservatory is built to the highest standard.
Requirements For Converting Your Roof
When converting your conservatory roof, there are a number of requirements that your conservatory must meet before work is begun on your property. These requirements are put in place to ensure that the process is safe and that your property will not be damaged through the process due to problems that were not recognised before the building began. Some of the requirements that our builders will look for in their site survey are as follows:
- Structure – must be suitably fit for our builders to remove the existing roof and fit the new one.
- Certificates – all builders that work on your conservatory must have a builders certificate which allows them to safely work on your conservatory. All of our builders are certified and professionally trained to complete your renovation to the highest standards.
- Inspection – your conservatory must pass a full inspection before any work begins on your property. This will be carried out through a site survey by our expert team.
- Lockable Door – to complete the guardian conservatory, you must have a lockable door between your house and the conservatory.
For a full list of regulations and requirements that come with Guardian roof conversions, contact one of our team members today for more information.
How Your Roof Is Fitted
When you decide that Guardian roofing is the best option for your conservatory, our team will talk you through the process of installation. To give you an idea of how we fit your Guardian roof, here is a simple step by step guide:
- Step 1 – We will start by assessing your conservatory and completing a site survey to ensure that the structure is safe for our team to work on. Once we know that your conservatory is safe to work on, we will go ahead with your instalment.
- Step 2 – The first step of the construction is to remove your existing conservatory roof.
- Step 3 – Once the roof has been fully removed, we will then begin constructing the light aluminium frame and install it onto your conservatory. This will be the structure of your new roof.
- Step 4 – When we have finished installing the roof, we will begin to insulate it to ensure that your conservatory is nice and cosy during the winter months.
- Step 5 – The final step is to complete the interior and exterior finishes to your conservatory roof. These will be discussed with you prior to your installation and will be completed to your specifications.
If you have any further questions regarding the process for installing a Guardian roof, take a look at our website or contact our team today. We have a process that runs smoothly and ensures that your new conservatory roof is completed to your desired design and specifications. Please note, that some conservatory roofs may take longer to install, this is because we work on the basis that every conservatory is bespoke so that you get exactly what you want out of your Guardian roof.
What Is Included In Your Roof Fitting
When you have your Guardian roof fitted, you can access all of the amazing benefits that we have previously discussed. To help you gain these benefits through your new and improved roof, we make sure that every element of your Guardian roof is made and installed with the highest quality materials and service. To ensure this, the following can be included either in the basic design or on request on your Guardian roof:
- Roof lighting – you can choose to have windows installed on the roof so that you do not lose the element of natural sunlight that you gain when having a conservatory. You can choose from a range of different windows, including VELUX. VELUX windows are a form of sky lighting that can let in natural light and heat up your conservatory. To make sure that it doesn’t get too hot in the summer months, you can always cover the windows with some blinds.
- Insulation – as discussed previously, insulation can have a big impact on your conservatory during the winter, so we make sure that it is professionally insulated to maximise enjoyment all year round.
- Plastering – when you have a Guardian roof, plastering makes sure that it has those final touches that make a big impact on the overall look and feel of your conservatory. Every element of the installation process requires detail and precision, and plastering is a big contribution to this.
- Electrics – if you decide not to have windows fitted within your Guardian roof, then we can also help you by installing electrics in the ceiling, allowing you to light up your room through lightbulbs.
Get in touch with us today for more information on the range of design ideas and services that can help you maximise your conservatory and use it all year round.
Get Your Guardian Conservatory Roof
There are many benefits to changing your glass conservatory roof to a Guardian one, and it can help you to make use of your conservatory no matter what time of year it is. There are also a number of ways that you can utilise design ideas and methods to get your desired effect.
For conservatory ideas, take a look through our website where you can find products and services to help you improve your existing conservatory. For more information about anything that has been discussed in this article, or to start your planning process now, feel free to contact the team.