Based on the most recent government update regarding COVID-19, the Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) have now provided us with information on how we can begin working on projects with clients. While we have now been given the go-ahead to reopen and visit properties, strict processes will be implemented to protect both our staff and clients. Safety is our main priority, so to give peace of mind that we are doing our utmost to prevent the spread of the virus, we wanted to run through the procedures that we have put in place.
We’re Open And Scheduling Bookings!
Having taken into account Sunday’s announcement by the Prime Minister, the government has now confirmed new rules to allow tradespeople to restart operations. The guidance states that it is no longer only essential work that can be carried out, and businesses can begin offering their services in England, providing that they take a risk-based approach to their reopening. This means that we are pleased to announce that we are now back open and able to begin rescheduling clients that had bookings during the lockdown, as well as provide quotations to any new clients. If you have contacted our team at any point during the lockdown, please be assured that they will be getting back to you as soon as possible. We are starting to work through our backlog of appointments straight away.
However, there will be several alterations to the way we operate to ensure that the Public Health England (PHE) guidelines are still being followed. These new processes will ensure that our staff can maintain minimal contact with both clients and their homes, helping to minimise the spread of the virus.
Safety Procedures We Have Implemented
We recognise that while the lockdown has been slightly eased, we are still very much amid a pandemic, meaning that the safety of those we work alongside is imperative. With this in mind, when visiting the homes of clients, we will be doing the following:
- Risk Assessment – Before entering a clients property, we will be carrying out a full risk assessment to ensure that risks can be mitigated. This includes locating the most effective access point that will allow our team to minimise their contact with client’s and their homes.
- Social Distancing – We will always strive to maintain the 2-metre social distancing rule where possible amongst both our team and when visiting clients. Not only will this include while at work but also when travelling between jobs. All interactions with clients will be at a 2-metre distance.
- Strict Hygiene – Our staff will be actively encouraged to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds on a regular basis. Where this is not possible, they will all be provided with hand sanitiser to ensure that they can continue to disinfect their hands. All surfaces that our team come into contact with while in clients homes will also be thoroughly cleaned before leaving, along with any shared areas, which will, again, be frequently disinfected.
- PPE – We will be providing all of our team members with masks and gloves, which they will wear while inside the client’s homes. These will either be disposable PPE which will be disposed of immediately after use or reusable alternatives, which we will thoroughly clean before and after wearing. We have ensured that we have stocked up on plenty of PPE so that our staff will always have access to protective equipment.
- Handling Possible Cases – All team members will be thoroughly briefed on the symptoms of the coronavirus and must inform the management team should they begin to experience any. In this instance, they will be told to isolate for at least two weeks and will not be given the all-clear to return to work until we are confident that they no longer pose a risk.
For more information on the government guidelines that we will be following, please take a look at the GOV.UK website.
Do Not Hesitate To Contact Us
We are so pleased that we can finally begin to work with all of our fantastic clients again and are looking forward to getting appointments booked in. If you have any questions regarding any of the safety measures mentioned above or would like to know more about how we will remain protected while visiting your home, please contact us. Our team recognise that this is a very uncertain time, so are more than happy to run through any queries you may have.
Alternatively, if you have spent your lockdown planning home renovations and are in need of our team, get in touch, and we can get a quotation scheduled!